Want to get a six-pack? The answer doesn’t always lie in planks and sit-ups. If you really want to trim and sculpt an enviable, flat belly, then it’s time to pick the right foods. Add these to your diet to help you get started!
- Fill up on greens: Opt for a minimum of four servings a day of vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, peppers and Brussels sprouts. These greens are packed with fiber, magnesium and essential vitamins to help decrease bloating and fight stubborn belly fat.
- Plain Greek yogurt: The probiotics in Greek yogurt are shown to help with digestion and minimize belly bloat.
- Whole grains: Multiple studies support a decrease in waistlines by swapping out processed grains for whole-grain options such as brown rice, oatmeal and 100-percent whole-wheat bread. While you should watch your calorie intake, don’t get caught up in the “carbs are the enemy” and “gluten-free for weight loss” craze.
- Water and green tea: Ditch the calorie-dense, high-sugar beverages for water and green tea, which has been shown to aid in weight loss, increase metabolism and burn unwanted belly fat.
- Eggs: Multiple studies show that the choline found in eggs as well as their high protein content makes them one of the smartest food choices to get a six-pack.