Do you love avocados? I sure do. They’re rich and creamy and delicious. And I’m going to give you even more reasons to fall in love with this super fruit!
Seven amazing benefits you’ll get from eating avocados
- Guacamole: So of course you need avocados to make guacamole. Who doesn’t love guacamole? It’s perfect paired with tortilla chips and spruces up Mexican dishes! It’s easy to make at home; that way you can avoid unnecessary processed ingredients.
- Mega doses of vitamins and minerals: Probably one of the most important benefits of eating avocados is that you’ll get a hefty dose of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins to help fight diseases and boost energy levels; vitamins C and E; and folate to assist with cell repair and healthy pregnancies. You’ll also get potassium, which helps with blood pressure!
- Few carbs and little sugar: This is a great low-carb option to keep your weight in check and blood sugar balanced.
- High in fiber: Fiber helps with digestion and keeps you fuller longer! This is quite an amazing benefit for anyone trying to cut back on calories, don’t you think?
- High in healthy fat: While you shouldn’t eat a lot of avocados in a day (they’re high in calories), you’ll get a good serving of monosaturated fats or “good fats,” which help to lower bad cholesterol and decrease unwanted belly fat.
- Brain boost: One of my favorite benefits from eating avocados is the reported boost you’ll enjoy in cognitive performance and memory.
- Tasty alternative: Avocados can be used as a healthy alternative when recipes call for butter or less healthy fats, and it adds a tasty, creamy kick to dishes.
Look for ways to incorporate avocados into your diet beyond guacamole to reap the benefits. Or halve an avocado, remove the pit, sprinkle on a bit of sea salt and lemon juice, and dig in with a spoon!